Thursday 28 February 2013

A Little Preparation

Okay, so it's a bit early to start posting but it's only a little preparation before the whole shebang kicks off. So I'm going to let it count. Besides, it has taken me nearly four days just to make one singular decision. The colours I'll use. I have been through quite a few ideas and frustrations before coming up with a scheme I''ll hopefully remain happy with.

I've trawled through many photos and inspiring websites. I've sampled colours from all kinds of sources and yet remained indecisive. So this morning, I saw this beautiful collection of fabrics by Holly Taylor Designs, called The Enchanted Pond.




I love the rich jewel colours here. Much brighter than the usual desaturated tones I'd been playing with. It inspired me to start looking at a richer, darker palette.




Using the photograph, I did away with the green because I wanted a blue to sit alongside the violet colour. The brown, which was a perfect accompaniment to the green, was therefore redundant. I replaced it with a mustardy yellow, as gold goes really well with the purples and violets. It was still a little intense for my preferences, so I desaturated the whole palette a notch. There was a dark and light colour for all but the red-violet so I added a lighter hue from it, to the mix.

I then sampled the colours and finally I feel I have a selection of I can start playing with. All I had to do was give it a name. It didn't take long for it to pop into my head. Veronica Frannie.

So there you have it. With a huge chunk of inspiration from a quilting bundle by a professional designer (thank you Holly), I have begun the process to creating the Veronica Frannie Collection.

Until Next Time
h&k
Px

1 comment:

  1. Let the games begin ;)
    you are nuts by the way, but in a good way ;)

    ReplyDelete